Tuesday 24 March 2015

The start of my Journey

First let me tell you about myself I am from china but I have never seen the Yangtze river, so I want to follow the river. I am fluent in English and middle chinese, I am 35 and I am full of adventure. I, Jian am traveling from along the Yangtze River from where it meets the ocean to the city that the Sui dynasty took over and demolished (Nanjing). I am starting at where the ocean opens into a river. It is so beautiful the river has fields and deltas right in the middle of vast space of plateaus. I am at a small town slightly up river and I am going to talk to a farmer about the equal field system and the agricultural productivity promised by the Sui dynasty. I am going to ask a local farmer named Tu.
“Hi Tu, what do you think about the equal field system,” I say. “ I think the equal field system is good because the government thought I do a lot of work so they gave me a good amount of land,” Tu responded. “So, what do you think about the agricultural productivity promised by the Sui dynasty” I say. “Since, the Sui dynasty has been going only for a short amount of time they haven’t done much to improve our agriculture,” Tu said. “Now Tu can I try some of your rice,” I said. “Of course,” Tu said. The rice was amazing! I thanked Tu and continued on my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment