Tuesday 24 March 2015

I Meet A Man Named Wu...

As you probably remember, My name is Jian and I going to continue my journey down the river, from Wuhan to Yichang.
It seems that it is still humid and I can’t quite deal with the humidity although it turns out it is almost nine at night. I need to find a place to sleep and get something to eat. I think I will go to the pagoda on Moshan Hill and hope the people will let me spend the night there and give me something to eat. The hill is incredibly steep, covered in trees and the path has plants growing through the cracks between the stones on the path. Okay it took me 5 hours to climb to the hill and it is ten at night. I knock on the door of the pagoda and a man ome s and opens the door. He says his name is Wu and I asked him if could spend the night and if he could give me something to eat. Wu said I could spend the night and said he would make green tea, noodles, goat meat, and broccoli, I mean I’m starting to get tired of broccoli but I still like it. I thanked him for the tea and the food, and went up to the guest room to sleep. The next morning, I woke up and asked if there were any other temples, villages, or pagodas along the way to Yichang. Wu said “There might be but I haven’t gone far from the pagoda my whole life”. I said okay and he gave me some green tea leaves, some raw noodles and some paper, ink, and a quill pen to keep track of my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment