Tuesday 24 March 2015

I Meet An Untrustworthy Fellow


As you remember my name is Jian and I am traveling up the Yangtze River in China. I just started walking the river five minutes ago and I keep getting closer to the village I saw yesterday. I can’t wait to get there because I want to meet the villagers and stock up on more food, Oh, and catch up on the news. Hey it’s not like lots of people follow the river everyday because they want to so it is really not easy to get the news. As I walk, I wonder if the villagers will give me something else to eat besides noodles, goat meat, and broccoli. I also wonder if they will let me sleep in one of the houses because sleeping on the rocks hurt my back last night, so I do not want to have to do that again. I am 25 miles away from the village. 5 Hours later… Okay I finally made it to the village, right now I am going to knock on the door of a house. I knocked and a man came to the door. He said his name was Zhang and was glad to have me as a guest. I asked if I could sleep here and if he would give me some food. He said I could sleep upstairs. I went upstairs and discovered a bed, a table and a window.  5 minutes later he called me down to the dining room and guess what was for dinner. Noodles, goat meat, and broccoli. The food was okay, but I am really getting tired of that stuff. I mean it is all these people seemed to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment