Tuesday 24 March 2015

I get to the demolished town

Today I am going to a famous person… It is… wait for in Yuwen Kai. You may wonder who is Yuwen Kai. Yuwen Kai is the person who had the idea of the Grand Canal. Why do I want to know so much about the grand canal, well it’s because I live there and I want to know more about where I live. May I just say the scenery is beautiful, green everywhere, curves stretching into more curves and small hills taking away the outer parts of Yangzhou. I am just about to the place where I am meeting  Yuwen Kai. I see him waving at me. I go up to him and he tells me just about everything about the grand canal. Some of it I couldn’t even follow, but here’s the jist of it, making and designing the Grand Canal was hard work. So now I had found out about the Grand Canal, what it was like to work making it, what is was like to be a buddhist monarch, and learned about laws of farming. Now I’m almost to the city that the Sui dynasty demolished when it came to power. I can’t believe that in only four days I have come so far. I have gone almost 200 miles already and this is my smallest distance from city to city on the Yangtze River. I see a demolished town in the distance, but the boat is too far away to see it closely, then I get to it and I need to say it is sure demolished.    

No comments:

Post a Comment